Everyone is talking about the keto diet these days, but when it comes to the supplements you need to go along with it, how do you know which ones are really worth your money? We’ll give you an honest review of the keto supplements on the market, so you can make the right choice for you. Read on to learn more about what’s worth trying!
Table of Contents
- 1. Boosting the Keto Diet with Supplements
- 2. What Supplements Should You Try on the Keto Diet?
- 3. Benefits of Adding Keto Supplements
- 4. Supplements: Friend or Foe?
1. Boosting the Keto Diet with Supplements
Getting More out of Keto
Adding supplements to your Keto diet can be a great way to kick up its beneficial effects and maximize your nutritional intake. From electrolytes to B-vitamins, there is an array of supplements to assist you on your health journey:
- Electrolytes: Replenishing electrolytes is essential to combat the high concentrations of salt your body will lose due to the keto diet. Magnesium, potassium, and calcium are some of the most important electrolytes when it comes to making sure your body stays balanced and energized.
- B-Vitamins: Low-carb diets are proven to deplete your body’s B-vitamin stores. To get the most out of your healthy eating habits, it’s a great idea to supplement with additional B-vitamins.
What works best for you will depend on your diet and health goals. That said, there are many products on the market already that may be beneficial to your health journey. Be sure to check with your doctor first to find the right supplements, and discover the amazing way that keto might work for you.
2. What Supplements Should You Try on the Keto Diet?
When transitioning to the ketogenic, or ‘keto’ diet, supplementing key nutrients is essential to maintaining optimal health. Depending on your individual goals and dietary needs, you may want to consider adding the following supplements to your diet:
Vitamins & Minerals: Magnesium, Vitamin D3, Omega-3, and Vitamin B12 are all essential for the keto diet. Magnesium helps support a healthy digestive system, while Vitamin B12 aids in healthy kidneys and nerve function. Vitamin D3 helps to reduce inflammation in the body, and Omega-3 can improve cardiovascular function.
Ketone Supplements: Ketone supplements are one of the best ways to increase your body’s natural ketone production. They come in powders, drinks, and capsules, and can help your body produce more ketones to turn your body from a carb-burning machine into a fat-burning powerhouse.
- MCT Oil
- Exogenous Ketones
- Greens Supplement
MCT oil is a type of fat derived from coconuts. It aids in weight loss and increasing energy levels. Exogenous ketones are compounds that provide your body with an energy boost when taken before meals. Creatine is a natural substance that increases your body’s energy production, allowing muscles to work harder. Finally, a greens supplement can improve overall health by supplying your body with essential minerals and vitamins.
3. Benefits of Adding Keto Supplements
Keto supplements are products designed to enhance and support a ketogenic diet. While there are many ways to achieve and maintain a ketogenic state, supplements can provide extra support and make the transition into ketosis easier and quicker. Here’s how adding keto supplements to your diet can help:
- Boost Metabolism – Keto supplements are packed full of powerful compounds that can help to kickstart your metabolism, so you can start burning fat in no time.
- Reduce Stomach Problems – Many keto supplements are formulated with ingredients that promote gut health, like prebiotic and probiotic compounds that can help reduce bloating and other stomach issues.
- Gain Mental Clarity – Combining what you eat with different kinds of keto supplements can help you increase your cognitive performance and gain more mental clarity.
When used correctly, keto supplements can also help control appetite, regulate hormones, and provide additional nutrition in the form of vitamins, minerals, and plant-based compounds. With all these benefits, there’s no wonder why people are adding keto supplements to their diet. Give it a try today and feel the difference!
4. Supplements: Friend or Foe?
When it comes to supplements, opinions exist in abundance. Some people swear by them, claiming that they have revolutionised their health and wellbeing; others deem them a complete waste of money and remain sceptical to their efficacy. Ultimately, everyone has different opinions, and what works for one person might not for you.
Before considering any form of supplement, the first logical step is to make sure your diet is in check. It is important to make sure your intake of macro and micronutrients is in balance to make sure you are receiving adequate nutrition. If your diet is lacking, then supplements may be able to help correct the problem; however, you should always aim to sort out the issue through food.
Once you are happy with your overall nutritional intake, supplementation can offer an array of benefits. Vitamins can help support your immunity and prevent diseases, minerals help to keep your body functioning and probiotics can help to control your gut health.
- Vitamins – to help support your immunity and overall health
- Minerals – to aid your body in performing basic, yet vital functions
- Probiotics – for gut health and digestion
- Protein powder – to help support muscle growth and repair
- Omegas – for improved brain health and cognitive function
Ultimately, supplements can offer an array of benefits on top of a healthy, balanced diet, and should not be seen as an alternative.
Whether or not you decide to include keto supplements in your dietary routine, the important thing is that you feel and look your best! Taking the time to explore all the benefits of the ketogenic diet, and investing in the right supplements, can make all the difference in helping you reach your goals – so don’t wait any longer to get started!